Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Daily Devotion

I wanted to share with you this awesome story out of my daily devotional Bible that I read last night. I have to thank my dear husband who bought this for me a few years ago. It is talking about the walled city of Jericho and as soon as I started reading the explanation of the verse I instantly thought of our adoption. The verse is Joshua 6:1-20 The Lord said "You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days... But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets... All the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat..." This is how my devotion reads: "Sometimes God asks us to have that same faith. We face walls circumstances we can't conquer and God tells us that we will be victorious. But then all He asks us to do is walk just trust Him with the details, and keep on walking. Even when we don't understand God's purposes. Even when we can't see the point. Even when we'd rather discuss the matter or file a few grievances first. God just asks us to have enough faith to keep on walking. The victory will be his." This spoke straight to my heart regarding the road we are traveling on to bring our dear Olivia home.

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Lindsey -

I LOVE this! What a great word picture of what He is asking us to walk. Sometimes I get caught up in wanting to understand how He's going to bring the walls down. Great reminder to just keep walking in faith!

Sherry :)